This Italianate brick building has a projecting cornice with a central gable giving the name of the building and the date it was built.
Constructed in 1881-83, the Weyant Building has been home to many businesses including Bates 5&10 and Calico Cupboard in more recent years.
The third floor was used as an opera house when the building was built. Citizens came to watch plays, listen to lectures, and enjoy social gatherings on the third floor.
In 1886, a tragic fire broke out on this floor which resulted in the loss of three people.